Based in Bonn, Germany
February 22nd, 2018 (Nintendo Switch)
Slip into the role of an unusual HERO and find the last letter to restore hope in a merciless world.
Typoman is a 2D puzzle platformer. You slip into the role of a character made of letters, struggling to make your way through a dark and hostile world. Despite your small stature you have a powerful gift: You can craft words to alter your environment. But choose your words wisely. They can either be a blessing... or a curse!
Brainseed Factory is an independent game studio based in Germany's former capital city Bonn. It was founded by Bilal Chbib and is made up of 8 creative minds and gaming enthusiasts who love playing but also creating unique memorable games. With Brainseed Factory's debut title Typoman the studio managed to secure awards and nominations at industry events worldwide.
- Wield the power of altering the world by creating, changing or destroying words
- Solve ingenious and challenging puzzles with a unique aesthetic mix of typography and pen and ink graphics
- Captivating, carefully drafted, on-the-fly told story using witty word puzzles and puns
- Surreal, atmospheric game world
- Distinct soundtrack specifically composed for the game
Typoman: Revised | Official Launch Trailer (Steam) YouTube
Typoman E3 Trailer (Wii U Edition) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Featured at Indie Game Revolution" EMP Museum, Seattle
- "Beste Inszenierung (Best Scenery / Production)" German Video Game Awards 2016, Munich
- "Finalist Indie Prize 2016 Showcase" Casual Connect Europe 2016, Amsterdam
- "Best Casual Game" Game Connection Development Awards 2015, San Francisco
- "Nominee for Best Game, Best Indie Game, Best Sound, Best Game Design, Best Console Game" German Dev Awards 2015, Cologne
- "Winner Best Art Style" Gaming Trend's Best of E3 2015 Awards, Los Angeles
- "Winner Best of Quo Vadis 2015" Best of Quo Vadis Show, Berlin
- "Nominee Best Indie Game" gamescom award 2015, Cologne
- "Best Youth Game (High Educational Value)" Padi 2016, Munich
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Soundtrack on Bandcamp
Check out the Typoman Soundtrack crafted by SonicPicnic sonicpicnic.bandcamp.com.
Made with Unity
Interview with Matt from Unity madewith.unity.com.
About Brainseed Factory
Brainseed Factory is an independent game studio based in Germany's former capital city Bonn. It was founded by Bilal Chbib and is made up of creative minds and gaming enthusiasts who love playing but also creating unique memorable games. With Brainseed Factory's debut title Typoman, the studio managed to secure awards and nominations at industry events worldwide.
More information on Brainseed Factory, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Lead Programmer (Steam, Xbox One, PS4, Switch)
Project Manager, Game Artist
Music + SFX